Plate Tectonics


Second Grade Earth Science:  Our first topic of 2015 was Plate Tectonics.


 Robert read all about plates and our changing Earth in his World of Science book.

Plate Tectonics Reading

He then shifted craft foam "plates" on colored water to see how they bump into and slide under one another.

Hands-On Plate Tectonics

He recorded his observations on his lab report. (See below for free printable lab report.)

Plate Tectonics Lab Report

WHAT WE USED THIS WEEK:

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up with Science Sunday at All Things Beautiful:






2 comments:

  1. Very good hands-on way of approaching this topic. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.